Only used for you
We only use your data to ensure you have the best experience possible at Floatworks.
Data protection officer
Our nominated Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Floatworks is Yeny Rodriguez. The DPO is focused on data security at Floatworks that ensures all of your data is entirely safe.
At Floatworks we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security. If you have any questions about data protection you can email Yeny at email@example.com.
We will speak in plain language in relation to your data so that you know what is going on. We don’t have anything to hide.
No unwanted emails
You can opt in or out of our emails at any times.
When signing up we give you the option to opt out of all our emails. This option is checked by default because if you do not receive our emails you will not receive booking confirmations and reminders which may lead you to miss an appointment.
To opt out at any time please use your online account, or contact us at:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone: 0207 357 0111
• Or in any of our branches.
We may send you marketing emails (news and offers) from time to time that we feel will be of benefit and interest to you (see our Legitimate Interest Assessment). You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time using the link in the email or by clicking here.
Please note that if you opt out of our marketing emails, we may still send you emails that are required to provide you with our service such as booking confirmations and receipts.
Only what we need
We won’t keep information that we don’t need. Just what helps us deliver a good service. See our Data Retention Policy.
Your personal data
We use the following data to create an account for you: Name; Email; Mobile; Date of Birth.
This allows us to do the following things that make your experience better:
• We can send you booking confirmations and a reminder about your appointment to make sure you don’t forget and lose your booking.
• We can send you purchase receipts which you may need for VAT purposes.
• We can call you to inform you of any last minute changes to your appointment.
• We can confirm that you meet our age restrictions.
• We can send you information about our news and special offers. We only do these occasionally and you can opt out.
Your visit history and preferences with Floatworks
Keeping this information allows us to do the following things to improve your experience:
• We know how many times you have been so we can ensure we tailor the experience to your experience level.
• We can see if you are a regular customer that consistently shows up for appointments and we can take this into consideration if you miss an appointment without letting us know.
This ensures we treat loyal customers fairly.
• Some people have preferences such as specific rooms or music. Keeping this data helps us to understand what you prefer and why so that we can make the experience perfectly tailored to you.
• We may keep notes on our system that will support us in providing the perfect experience and meeting health and safety requirements. For example, if you are pregnant or physically disabled it is important that we know this so we can plan in advance.
• You may ask us at any time to see any information we hold about you and have it removed. See our Subject Access Request Policy.
Your payment information
Our bookings and payments system is Mindbody.
“Mindbody is a PCI Compliant Level 1 Service Provider. Level I Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance means that Mindbody meets the credit card industry’s highest security standard, so you can rest assured that your data is safe. Part of being compliant includes encrypting your clients’ credit card numbers and showing only partial credit card information in your software. We also encrypt your client’s billing information, back it up daily, and securely store it offsite. Each year, we must go through a rigorous audit to ensure that we maintain those high standards.”
When you make a purchase with us:
• We offer you the option to have your payment option stored on our secure system (Mindbody). We do not store any details without your approval.
• If you are a member with a regular payment, our system (Mindbody) holds only the necessary details to maintain your membership.
• We only use this info to take payments or give refunds and to prevent or detect fraud.
• You may choose to remove your payment information at any time.
Please be aware that Mindbody is operated outside the EU.
Purchase history and what you have already used
• We store this information so that we can see what you have paid for and used, and what you still owe to Floatworks for floats we have provided.
• We have special offers that you can only use one time, or within certain timeframes, so we need to see when they have been used or not.
• We may use this information to see what most of our customers buy, then we provide more of the things that they like.
Information about your phone or laptop & how you use our website and all
We may store Information you give us when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app. We only use this data to improve our offering to you and will never share or sell this information.
Your responses to surveys, competitions, and promotions
Sometimes we run customer surveys to see how we are doing and what you think we can improve.
We keep responses, but it’s all anonymous (unless you choose otherwise). We use the information to improve our service, our centres and our pricing.
You don’t have to give us any personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy services from us. You are also not as likely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
You may choose to see any data we hold about you. See our Subject Access Request Policy.
We do not sell or share any data with anyone. Your data does not leave Floatworks Limited.
We engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we use targeted adverts. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The adverts you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Floatworks (for example, your Floatworks search history, and the content you read on Floatworks) or on adverts you have previously clicked on.
Changes we make
If we make any changes to how we process your data, we will:
• Make this clear on the Floatworks website.
• Contact you to let you know via email so that you can review the changes before deciding to continue to use Floatworks.
We use two types of cookies when you visit our site:
• Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
• Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You may delete cookies on your computer at any time.
Please contact our DPO at email@example.com.
Follow our social: