By Floating at Floatworks, you agree that you fully understand the following liability waiver, and if you are unsure you will ask for interpretation to fully understand before you float.
- I am aware that I will be spending 1 hour alone, floating in 12” of water
- I am able to climb in and out of the pod on my own and open and close the lid
- I will never use the floatation tank under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- I am not currently suffering from any form of ear infection, that may get worse by floating
- I have no fresh tattoos (less than 2 weeks)
- I do not have recently dyed hair (this is applicable if your hair is not yet running clear in the shower)
- I am aware that if there are personal items that I do not securely lock in the lockers then this is done so at my own risk
- I am over the age of 16
- I am aware that I must float with my head by the Pod Opening end of the Float Pod
- I am aware that I must vacate the Pod once the light comes on at the end of my allotted booking time
- I am aware that by not following points 9 and 10, I put myself at risk of hair entanglement when the water filter activates and I accept all liabilities
If you have a mental health condition that might impact your ability to float safely or comfortably (e.g. PTSD, schizophrenia, severe depression, suicidal thoughts), we recommend that you seek approval from a medical practitioner before floating.
If you have a physical health condition that might impact your ability to float safely or comfortably (e.g. epilepsy, heart conditions, asthma, skin conditions, allergies [particularly to salt or magnesium], very low blood pressure), we recommend that you seek approval from a medical practitioner before floating.
At Floatworks we are very keen to make sure everyone can float, however, safety is very important. If you have a disability please consult with your doctor and review our Disability Policy. If you have a disability, by signing this waiver you confirm that you have spoken to your doctor and reviewed our policy. If you have any doubts then please ask to speak to Management who will assess any precautions and measures we need to take to ensure safe and happy floating. We can’t guarantee that every person who comes to Floatworks will be allowed to float.
Allergies and Reactions
I understand that the float pod water solution contains Epsom Salt and h2o2. I also acknowledge that oxygen-based oxidizers are used to treat the water and destroy bacteria and that chlorine spray is used to clean the walls and exterior of the pod, therefore it is possible that very small trace amounts of chlorine could be found in the solution. I acknowledge that in some rare cases, people may experience skin allergies to such chemicals.
If any of the situations above change, then it is my responsibility to inform Floatworks prior to floating.