Only used for you
We only use your data to ensure you have the best experience possible at Floatworks.
We have a nominated employee focused on data security at Floatworks that ensures all of your data is entirely safe.
We will speak in plain language in relation to your data so that you know what is going on. We don’t have anything to hide.
No unwanted emails
You can opt in or out of our emails. When signing up we have given you two tick boxes so that you can also choose to opt into our operational emails (like appointment confirmations) but not hear about our special offers if you don’t want to.
The only exception to this is Purchase Receipts that you will receive whenever you make a purchase.
Only what we need
We won’t keep information that we don’t need. Just what helps us deliver a good service.
Protecting your privacy
At Floatworks we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security. If you have any questions about data protection you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any services related to Floatworks, the data controller that is responsible for privacy of your data is Floatworks Limited.
How data is used
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The sections below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name, date of birth, email and telephone number
We use this information to create an account for you. This allows us to do the following things that make your experience better:
- We can send you a reminder about your appointment to make sure you don’t forget and lose your booking. This is particularly important if you have pre-paid.
- We can book you in for appointments for a specific time, and confirm the appointment with you.
- We can confirm that you meet our age restrictions.
- In addition to this, we can send you information about our news and special offers. We only do these occasionally and you can opt out.
- We also use this info to prevent and detect fraud.
Your visit history, membership status and preferences with Floatworks
We have a record of how many times you have used Floatworks. This allows us to do the following things to improve your experience:
- We know how many times you have been so we can ensure we tailor the experience to your experience level.
- We can see if you are a regular customer that consistently shows up for appointments and we can take this into consideration if you miss an appointment without letting us know. This ensures we treat loyal customers fairly.
- Some people prefer specific rooms or music at Floatworks, particularly members, this helps us to understand what you prefer and why so that we can make the experience perfectly tailored to you.
- If we have some notes on our system regarding your preferences, we can pick up the conversation with you when you arrive and provide the best customer service.
- You may ask us at any time to see your profile notes and have them removed.
Your payment information
Our bookings and payments system is Mindbody.
Mindbody is a PCI Compliant Level 1 Service Provider. Level I Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance means that Mindbody meets the credit card industry’s highest security standard, so you can rest assured that your data is safe.
Part of being compliant includes encrypting your clients’ credit card numbers and showing only partial credit card information in your software.
We also encrypt your client’s billing information, back it up daily, and securely store it offsite. Each year, we must go through a rigorous audit to ensure that we maintain those high standards.”
When you make a purchase with us:
- We offer you the option to have your payment option stored on our secure system (Mindbody). We do not store any details without your approval.
- If you are a member with a direct debit, our system (Mindbody) holds only the necessary details to maintain your membership.
- We only use this info to take payments or give refunds and to prevent or detect fraud.
- You may choose to remove your payment information at any time.
Purchase history and what you have already used
- We use this so that we can see what you have paid for and used, and what you still owe to Floatworks for floats we have provided.
- We also have special offers that you can only use one time, or two times, so we need to see when they have been used or not,
- We also use this information to see what most of our customers buy, then we provide more of the things that they like,
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
The information you give us when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
Sometimes we run a customer survey to see how we are doing and what you think we can improve. We keep responses, but it’s all anonymous. We use the information to improve our service, our centres and our pricing.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy services from us. You are also not as likely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We do not sell or share any data with anyone. Your data does not leave Floatworks Limited.
We use MailChimp for our marketing emails.
When you sign up for a Floatworks account, if you choose to tick the box labelled “Subscribe to our newsletter and promotions” then you will be opted-in to our marketing emails.
You can also opt in to our marketing emails through our website.
If you want to stop receiving marketing emails from us then you can change your preferences here.
We engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Floatworks banners and adverts to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Floatworks (for example, your Floatworks search history, and the content you read on Floatworks) or on Floatworks banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Keeping your information
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our float centre team). If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. But only if this is required by law.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes we make
If we make any changes to how we process your data, we will:
- Make this clear on the Floatworks website.
- Contact you to let you know via email so that you can review the changes before deciding to continue to use Floatworks.
We use two types of cookies when you visit our site:
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You may delete cookies on your computer at any time.
Call Floatworks on the main number 0207 357 0111, or email us email@example.com.
Floatworks Legitimate Interest Assessment